I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Educational Exchange_University Lecturers (Professors) and Research Scholars

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005

Administered by:

US Federal Government Agency (see all agencies)
Department of State , Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
CFDA #: 19.401

Possible uses and use restrictions...

Grants for professors (university lecturers) and research scholars are usually, although not always, for a full academic year, and generally tenable in one country. The lectureships permit the grantees to lecture, usually serving as visiting professors in institutions of higher learning. The research grants offer opportunities for U.S. citizens to undertake postdoctoral research at overseas universities, colleges, and certain research centers and institutes. Grants specify terms and conditions to meet the educational goals proposed by the grantee and approved by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board in making the award. Individual grants generally include round-trip transportation, for the grantee and in some cases for one or two dependents, a maintenance allowance payable in foreign currency where available, and an allowance for travel, books and services essential to the assignment. Where maintenance is payable in foreign currency, lecturers may also receive a supplemental dollar allowance.